FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Recording Device View next topic
View previous topic
biotachyonic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello there! I'm going to try to make a podcast and I'm wondering if a handheld audio recorder is a good idea for podcasting. This seems like a good deal to me because I'll be able to record without being near my PC, but how good will the audio quality be? If it's terrible can I touch it up with an audio editing program like Audacity? I don't have the money to spend on a big time microphone, so I'm thinking that a mic I can get for under 20 dollars won't be much better than the handheld recorder.

Thanks.
deaning

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For pro results I use the Roland Edirol R-09 and find it excellent. It is $399US, if that is out of the budget I know podcasters using iRivers very sucessfully.
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

biotachyonic wrote:
Hello there! I'm going to try to make a podcast and I'm wondering if a handheld audio recorder is a good idea for podcasting. This seems like a good deal to me because I'll be able to record without being near my PC, but how good will the audio quality be? If it's terrible can I touch it up with an audio editing program like Audacity? I don't have the money to spend on a big time microphone, so I'm thinking that a mic I can get for under 20 dollars won't be much better than the handheld recorder.

Thanks.

If you are looking for software for your PC we just released RecordForAll http://www.recordforall.com it is desktop software for audio recording and editing.
HTH

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic