FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 RecordforAll with Alesis Multimix 8 View next topic
View previous topic
meadwench

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, I'm the first thread, LOL.

OK, I have an Alesis Multimix 8, and was wondering if RecordforAll has been used with this mixer. I'm tired of trying to figure out CueBase, and since my next set of recordings will be done by a friend using my equipment, I'm hoping to use RecordforAll, which is *so* much more straightforward.

So, if anyone here, or on the FeedForAll staff have used the Alesis Multimix 8, I'd love to hear your experiences!

Thanks!

Vicky Rowe
Webmistress
Gotmead.com - All you wanted to know about making mead
http://www.gotmead.com
webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

meadwench wrote:
Wow, I'm the first thread, LOL.

OK, I have an Alesis Multimix 8, and was wondering if RecordforAll has been used with this mixer. I'm tired of trying to figure out CueBase, and since my next set of recordings will be done by a friend using my equipment, I'm hoping to use RecordforAll, which is *so* much more straightforward.

So, if anyone here, or on the FeedForAll staff have used the Alesis Multimix 8, I'd love to hear your experiences!

Sorry! I wish I could help you but I haven't used the Alesis Multimix 8. RecordForAll is designed to be super easy to use, so if your friend doesn't have much experience perhaps he could record using just RecordForAll?

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
meadwench

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks. My big question is: Can RecordforAll handle an hour or more of recording at once? We're going to be recording seminars, and need to be able to get at least an hour, and possibly as much as 2 hours of recording in each session.

Will this work?

Vicky Rowe
Webmistress
Gotmead.com - All you wanted to know about making mead
http://www.gotmead.com
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure, no problem. Just be sure you have enough free hard drive space. To be safe, make sure you have a couple of gig free for each hour of recording. The end result won't be nearly that big, but you may need about twice the file size of free space to work with it.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic