FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Newbie Question View next topic
View previous topic
Euan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I have taken a look at your site and done a few searches in the forum but haven't quite found the answers I am looking for so I thought it best to ask here.

We have a site and are considering putting RSS feeds on our site from other websites. We want this so we can display the latest news articles on our site from other websites.

What we want is to be able to take multiple sites feeds and put them together as one 'feed' on our site. We would potentially have the last 10/15 articles posted from the various feeds.

Can RSSmesh do this?

What is the maximum number of feeds that RSSmesh can handle? 10? 100? 1,000? more?

How does it work, is there some php code that I need to paste into my site? Can I format it to look exactly as I want it?
MacSupport

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Euan wrote:
Hi,

I have taken a look at your site and done a few searches in the forum but haven't quite found the answers I am looking for so I thought it best to ask here.

We have a site and are considering putting RSS feeds on our site from other websites. We want this so we can display the latest news articles on our site from other websites.

What we want is to be able to take multiple sites feeds and put them together as one 'feed' on our site. We would potentially have the last 10/15 articles posted from the various feeds.

Can RSSmesh do this?

What is the maximum number of feeds that RSSmesh can handle? 10? 100? 1,000? more?

How does it work, is there some php code that I need to paste into my site? Can I format it to look exactly as I want it?

RSSMesh will combine multiple feeds into one. You could use 1,000 feeds but the time to fetch and process them makes it not practical. But 5 to 10 feeds is reasonable.

RSSMesh creates an RSS feed. RSS2HTML can convert that feed to HTML for display directly on the website.

All the code is PHP, so your server must support PHP. Un*x based systems have been proven to work better then Windows based ones.

Jim

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic