FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Add FeedExtra? View next topic
View previous topic
damian0612

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

Is it possible to add the feedextra functionality available in the rss2html script to this?

Quote:

2) In your browser, enter the full URL to the location of the rss2sql files, and run the install module (rss2sql_install.php).

Example: http://www.FeedForAll.com/rss2sql_install.php

I add the feeds but it doesn't provide the facility to add more details (for example at the moment I have a line in my RssMesh config file:

Code:
"feedExtra" => "/images/myimage.jpg"

So when the feed is displayed, it will also display an image.

Is there a way to manually add this into the rss2sql script?

Many Thanks
Damian
damian0612

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I assume due to the lack of a response this isn't possible ... I am looking for a substitute in some form at least if possible so would appreciate greatly any help.

I was previously using rssmesh to display news items from various sources. However as it was taking forever to load the page, I now use rss2sql, the sql2rss script and then rss2html. This much much much faster indeed. I want to display where the feed is coming from beside each headline, so for example if feed is from I would like it to say 'bbcnews'. The only way I can get anything like this is by updating the item template with:

Code:
<source>~~~ItemSource~~~</source>

and then adding this to the rss2html template.

However, when displayed, for some feeds, it displays a very long item source, eg 'BBC News | News Front Page | UK Edition'.

Is there anyway round this? Can I add some scriptig anywhere to rss2html.php to say 'if itemsource = x then itemsource =Y'? so it replaces it with I want it to display?

May thanks
Damian

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic