FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Master Category list / editor View next topic
View previous topic
RMorse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How about a feed Category List / Editor within FeedForAll. Would allow the user to maintain a list of all their categories and make it available when assigning a category to a new or existing feed entry.
Rene

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like also to assign categories for each individual story. This can be done now, but you have to manually type in the name of a category item for each story. I would prefer the ability to have a "pick list" of categories so that when one and only one is picked off of a list, there will not be misspellings or syntax errors in the category selected. Later, if the XML file is pulled into a database, the category field per article can be used to select articles that match the category exactly as there will not be misspelled categories.

It would be trivial for example if the pick list were made out of another XML file and when you use the domain field you can instead use your own pick list XML file, and then anything in the XML file will be on the pick list as a category. This missing feature is causing me a headache in terms of my ability to later re purpose my articles by a unique category. I have a work around by opening a notpad file with a list of categories, and then using cut and paste I in effect have a kluge pick list.

Please add this feature.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic