houstonian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am getting a blank page when I try to run

http://www.a2zpizza.com/rss/rss2sql.php?buildConfig

any idea??
houstonian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Further clarification..

When I did the first time installation of rss2sql everyhting was worked including ss2sql.php?buildConfig. But when I tried to login to admin even though I was using the correct specified user and password, nothing happen, I was not able to go beyond the login page.

SO I deleted everyhting including the database thinking that I might of missed a step somewhere.

Now, I can't get ss2sql.php?buildConfig to work, I keep getting blank page.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the first thing that catches my attention is that http://www.a2zpizza.com/rss/config.php doesn't exist. The Blank Page problem is almost always caused by an error in the configuration but if the configuration doesn't exist, I suppose that would cause it as well.

houstonian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the cofig file that came with the download called, rss2sql_SampleConfig.php, during the first installation I cahnged it rss2sql_Config.php, during the first installation ss2sql.php?buildConfig worked. When Itried to re-install is not working any more.

Is Config.php the same as rss2sql_Config.php, or how do I create Config.php, it was not included in the download.

Also I renamed rss2sql_Config.php to Config.php, but still had blank page when I tried to run ss2sql.php?buildConfig
houstonian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok... Installation instrunction need improvement... I had to change the reference in couple files from rss2sql_SampleConfig.php to rss2sql_Config.php.

Now, when I try to access admin login I get the logout button and the folllowing message"Database connection failed. Please recheck all settings"
houstonian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My Sql Database creator added few charecter to database I specified. Now I don't get the login page when I go to rss2sql_admin.php, it bypass the login page and goes straight to add feed, and I can't logout.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thing do get a little tricky when moving away from the default naming.

I tried to run rss2sql_Config.php from here, but I get a 404 (file not found) error back. Is the file still there?

You may also want to try clearing your browser's cache or try accessing the admin from another computer, in case it is caching your login credentials.

houstonian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yes, I moved it... I will try another computer .. Not sure how to clear my browser cash at the momet..

Thanks
alicia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

houstonian the program is not correct. please check it out.
elektronikmuzak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

houstonian wrote:
Ok... Installation instruction needs improvement...

Absolutely agree there! This is ridiculous.

Similarly to how houstonian has already stated, there is no config file in the zip. The instructions (rss2sql-docs.txt) do not state cleary what file name to use for the configuration file after running buildConfig. Additionally, "rss2ql.php" includes this line of code: $ConfigFilename = "rss2sql_SampleConfig.php"; (as well as) "rss2sql_admin.php" also includes the same line of code: $ConfigFilename = "rss2sql_SampleConfig.php"; . Since the instructions are non-specific in this area and therefore confusing, I have tried rss2sql_SampleConfig, rss2sql_Config, and Config; after reading this thread, all of which DO NOT function properly.

Similarly to houstonian also, the rss2sql_admin will allow me to log in and then instantly redirects to a message "Database connection failed. Please recheck all settings" with a logout button, that never actually logs out.

I have attempted 3 different times now, including deletion of all local files, server files, and databases. That's a fresh unzip, through the admin page flow (including uploads and unique mysql database creations) for each instance. Yes I have cleared my cache every time. Also have tried different browsers.

The most frightening part is that every time a mysql database has been completely deleted by me, through my registrar, and then a new one created later, the "information_schema" database remains, as in NEVER DELETED.

It is somehow permanently there now, regardless of complete deletion of the prior databases, as well as with cleared history/cookies/cache before each instance.

The "information_schema" database also denies rights from me in any manual drop or empty functions (using my admin [not READ ONLY] user credentials, directly through the phpMyAdmin GUI. How is that possible first of all?

I don't know what you (Tech Support) will need, but since you know the script file names, they are located in the4 folder @ http://www.elektronikmuzak.com/r2s/ , including my multiple variation names config with this latest install attempt using: rss2sql_SampleConfig.php, rss2sql_Config.php, Config.php.

Since I have paid for the scripts, I believe a helpful resolution is appropriate.

Thank you.
elektronikmuzak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DISREGARD ABOVE:

After 2 FULL days and at least 5 complete attempts, I've finally gotten somewhere: the rss2sql script is now working, however NOT WITHOUT manual changes to the packaged script itself.

Specifically, created and used "rss2sql_Config.php" as the config file name (because there are no clear instructions provided with the script for this). Had to then change the code: $ConfigFilename = "rss2sql_SampleConfig.php" to: $ConfigFilename = "rss2sql_Config.php" within "both rss2sql_admin.php" & "rss2sql.php"

Also, my own corrections included using the "server via TCP/IP" address of my hosting for the config file, vs previously using the "user" address. Both are listed on the database home screen when you launch the "Manage via phpMyAdmin" (or similar) from the hosting panel (if using GoDaddy hosting, or any of their affiliate hosting).

There were some other changes that which I can't recall right now what those changes were (likely from being so tired lol). Anyway, hope this info helps someone else too.
richard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The blank page error always occur,when the configuration doesn't exist.Means the URL you looking for no existence.I think its due to this fact, make sure the page requested for, written correctly.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First time installation of rss2sql, everyhting was worked including ss2sql.php?buildConfig. But when I tried to login to admin even though I was using the correct specified user and password, nothing happen, I was not able to go beyond the login page then i deleted everyhting including the database thinking that I might of missed a step somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Try restarting your browser.

If that doesn't work, try clearing out all your cookies, and then restarting your browser.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic