FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Feed(s) won't update View next topic
View previous topic
joe-2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there,

I have taken feeds from different sites and re-published them on my site. The thing is, when the feed at the original site is updated with new content, the feed at my site dos not. I remember it working one time - when I refreshed the site the content would refresh too. But now it only updates when I clear the FeedForAllCacheFiles folder. Am I missing something??

I use RSSfilter as input sources for RSSmesh. RSSmesh provides the feed for RSS2html. Don't know if it has to do with my filter settings, but even when I use a simple feed like: http://www.philly.com/philly_news.rss without filter it does not work.

Thanks you for your help.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, you're using the caching extension, so the files won't update until the cache interval times out. This is how you can change the interval (from the docs):

If you wish to change the interval, edit FeedForAll_Scripts_CachingExtension.php and change
"$cacheTTL=86400; //cache files for 1 day" to what ever value you wish. $cacheTTL is in seconds.

joe-2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tech Support wrote:
Well, you're using the caching extension, so the files won't update until the cache interval times out. This is how you can change the interval (from the docs):

If you wish to change the interval, edit FeedForAll_Scripts_CachingExtension.php and change
"$cacheTTL=86400; //cache files for 1 day" to what ever value you wish. $cacheTTL is in seconds.

Thanks for your reply dear tech support. This seems to work now. However, for some strange reason it did not in the past - with the original setting of $cacheTTL=86400 it did not update the cache at all. But now its fine.

Is there a way to set different cache clearing intervals for certain files? I want to spread the intervals so that not all the feeds get updated at the same time. This would make the site build faster.

Thank you. Looking forward to your reply.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There currently isn't a way to have multiple clearing intervals. It could likely be done but you would need to have extensive knowledge of PHP to code it and it isn't something that we're currently working on implementing.

joe-2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tech Support wrote:
There currently isn't a way to have multiple clearing intervals. It could likely be done but you would need to have extensive knowledge of PHP to code it and it isn't something that we're currently working on implementing.

What kind of settings do I have to make in order to display the most relevant last topics. I use "rssfilter" for filtering relevant topics. Example: I have a feed and want to display 4 headlines (item count=4 in "rssmesh"). Say there are only 2 relevant feeds. So I have 2 headlines. Later on there might be 1 new headline and its time for the feeds update and the cache file gets cleared. Seeing that there is 1 new headline and 2 older ones and the "rssmesh"-setting is item "count=4" I should see 3 headlines altogether now. But it seems that as soon as the cache gets updated the last 2 feeds get cleared out as well. Hence, I only have the latest feed, but lost the older ones without reaching the 4 items at a time limit. Is there a way to have "rss2html" display the maximum of 4 headlines as set with item count and only clear the oldest headline(s) when there is an update? Like a glass of water that gets filled up and only overflows when it is full (reaches its rssmesh item count setting). :) Hope that was not too confusing.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic