FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Chrome does not open a formatted page from my feeds View next topic
View previous topic
lbechtum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know this has been around for a while but does anyone have a solution. I personnally don't like chrome. It opens fast but if it doesn't have a full set of features what is the point...that aside. This is a problem. Is there a solution for either the users of Chrome or something that I can add to the xml file to make it display in chrome? This sucks, I liked it better when there was only one target to shoot at!
Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is the issue you're running into that you can't get a feed to display in the Chrome browser? I wasn't sure what issue you were referring to initially.

lbechtum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, it was that Chrome would not open the RSS feeds as formatted text. I did find the download from Google to fix this in Chrome so for the time being it is resolved with the client. I also posted a short how to for viewers of their sites that use Chrome, assuming that most of them have no idea of how to fix it. Everyone just trusts Google so they probably assumed there was something wrong with the web page instead of the browser.

So to finalize, I would still be interested in a fix for the problem from the web page side. I think it would make things more user friendly for the viewers of the client pages.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well... there really isn't anything you can do to get a web browser to display RSS Feed content without an appropriate reader or method. However, if you wanted, you could use our rss2html PHP script to instead just have the feed translated into browser viewable HTML.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic