FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Sites With Multiple Page Posts Behind Next Button View next topic
View previous topic
FallColours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello again :)
Is there some sort of "open sesame" that you know of to include in an Item template that would extract the info on multiple page posts? I've been searching for HOURS and can only find reference to WordPress. I finally put the -Wordpress notation in my search, and then -drupal etc. LOL
Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "multiple page posts". Can you describe that a little more?

Thanks

FallColours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes. I can't think offhand of the technical name, slider isn't really it, but like Buzzfeed where you have to click the NEXT button to see the next picture in a post. I'm trying to devise the easiest way possible to take the data from that type of a site with over 500 posts, each of which have multiple pages so I can import them into a Wordpress site and I'm not particularly concerned with the images because I have easy access to them, but the text is something else again. I've found that importing the rss feed would work perfectly, but for the fact it only takes the info from the first page, and not page 2, 3. 4 and so on. :)
Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, thanks. I understand now.

We don't have anything that would help with that, but you might try doing searches for "html scraper" or "webpage scraper". Those are kind of the technical terms for that kind of thing.

FallColours

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't mean to just leave your answer without a reply but I managed to get the flu... Anyway, yes I'm aware of scrapers, I just like to experiment, I can see where this would be absolutely great for a site not stuck off behind those buttons. It's my own site I'm wanting the posts from, LOL, or rather one I happened into, long story, but it's got a lot of problems and I want to transfer the data into a WP site. For some reason the extra data I need isn't in the database, so very strange. Anyway, thanks so much for your input and I know I'll get a lot of usage out of this tool Works great. I think I'll go stalk Buzzfeed and see if they have a feed and if so how it's put together. HA HA Always something intriguing about computers and the Internet.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic