FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Image Help, For Individual episodes. View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Message
Dago4sho



Joined: 09 May 2006
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have looked through every page of this forum hat I could find regaurding mages of the individual episodes and have not found the answer to my question. I know a lot of us are still wondering, so to spell it out clearly, How exactly do you define your own image to appear in the window in the lower left hand corner of Itunes when you are listening to that individual episode. I have seen other podcasts where this image may change from one episode to the next, and really have not figured out how to do this. Could someone please give us a step by step guide to this. Thank you.

Image
View user's profile
MacSupport



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2805

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dago4sho wrote:
I have looked through every page of this forum hat I could find regaurding mages of the individual episodes and have not found the answer to my question. I know a lot of us are still wondering, so to spell it out clearly, How exactly do you define your own image to appear in the window in the lower left hand corner of Itunes when you are listening to that individual episode. I have seen other podcasts where this image may change from one episode to the next, and really have not figured out how to do this. Could someone please give us a step by step guide to this. Thank you.

Image


The image, Album Art, is stored in one of the ID3 tags of the audio file. The easiest way to add that on both Mac and Windows is in iTunes.

1) Open you podcast in iTunes.
2) Drag your image to the "Album Art" viewer.

Now the copy of the audio file in your iTunes Music library has an "Album Art" image.

Images that change through out the podcast are created in either Garage band or with the Chapter Beta tool, both are Mac only programs.

Jim
View user's profileVisit poster's website
Dago4sho



Joined: 09 May 2006
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, when people download a podcast from me there is no way to have an Image of my choosing dowload to that window when they are listening to my podcast? And just to clarify, when I said the image may change, I didn't mean slide show or movie, I ment that for instance, if one episode had a subject on let's say Oprah, then there would be a picture of her there. Then the next week that same shows new episode had content about the president, a picture of the president would appear there while you were listening. So the image changes, not durring but from episode to episode. So basically I am asking how to create my podcast so that an image will appear there, not for myself, but when others download my podcast. The example I gave in the picture is one called "Rate My Rap" if you would like to see. Download one episode and watch as the image appears in the lower left hand corner asthe episode plays.
View user's profile
MacSupport



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2805

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dago4sho wrote:
So, when people download a podcast from me there is no way to have an Image of my choosing dowload to that window when they are listening to my podcast? And just to clarify, when I said the image may change, I didn't mean slide show or movie, I ment that for instance, if one episode had a subject on let's say Oprah, then there would be a picture of her there. Then the next week that same shows new episode had content about the president, a picture of the president would appear there while you were listening. So the image changes, not durring but from episode to episode. So basically I am asking how to create my podcast so that an image will appear there, not for myself, but when others download my podcast. The example I gave in the picture is one called "Rate My Rap" if you would like to see. Download one episode and watch as the image appears in the lower left hand corner asthe episode plays.


Yes there are, just follow the steps listed above. That will modify the audio file and add the image. One last step is to publish to your web server the modified audio file that is in your iTune Music library.

Jim
View user's profileVisit poster's website
Dago4sho



Joined: 09 May 2006
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank You, I never even thought of that. Thank you so much.
View user's profile
MacSupport



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2805

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dago4sho wrote:
Thank You, I never even thought of that. Thank you so much.


I am glad it worked for you. My first instructions stopped short of actually saying that was the file to use. You can do the same thing with the "Lyrics" to include "Show Notes".

Jim
View user's profileVisit poster's website
Display posts from previous:      
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.


 Jump to:   



View next topic
View previous topic


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :: FI Theme