FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 videocasting and storage View next topic
View previous topic
trubeliever79

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello. I'm new to podcasting,but i have some media recording experience. I've been giving a task by my church to put podcast and videocasts of our church services online. I need to be able to dump raw church footage onto a computer, then clean it up and compress it for our website. What is the best software for pc to use make the audio podcast and the videocast? How much space do you guys recommend i need for webhosting if im uploading videocast to our website. Do I need a server to store the videocast on or is webspace just fine? And lastly, If you someone can point me to a tuturial on how to get started with making a videocast I'll appreciate it.
MacSupport

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

trubeliever79 wrote:
Hello. I'm new to podcasting,but i have some media recording experience. I've been giving a task by my church to put podcast and videocasts of our church services online. I need to be able to dump raw church footage onto a computer, then clean it up and compress it for our website. What is the best software for pc to use make the audio podcast and the videocast? How much space do you guys recommend i need for webhosting if im uploading videocast to our website. Do I need a server to store the videocast on or is webspace just fine? And lastly, If you someone can point me to a tuturial on how to get started with making a videocast I'll appreciate it.

A good place to look for hosting your video files is www.libsyn.com . Their hosting pricing is based on how much new data you add each month, not the total you have.

As far as software for the PC, I can't help much.

Jim

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic