FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 trouble with chapters/album art View next topic
View previous topic
mjtnfstc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My organization has just started experimenting with podcasts and one of the options that we were shown was that, in Garage Band, the "podcast track" can be broken up with time markers, and each division can be assigned its own album art image. This is great, because it allows us to show a series of pictures, images of text, or essentially PowerPoint slides that are synched up to go along with the audio, and in a format that will be accessible to people who don't have a video iPod. It's like one step up from audio presentation only, but one step down from video. Great stuff.
Unfortunately, I have run into problems in two areas. When I run my finished product on a 4th gen photo iPod, I see the chapter marks that I have created on the timeline of the file, and can navigate them, and the pictures seem to show up great. Unfortunately, if I click to view the "album art" full size, it stays up for only a couple of seconds, then shrinks back down to thumbnail size with the track info and timeline. When I run my file on a 5th gen video iPod, I run into two issues. For one, no chapter marks appear on my timeline. Also, the "album art" is allowed to remain full size, but sometimes there's a delay in bringing up the picture when it goes from one to the next, throwing off the synchronization between the pictures and audio or causing some pictures not to be seen at all. I don't know if maybe my picture files are just too big.
Do any of you have any familiarity with these issues and know of some way to fix them? Thanks very much.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic