FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Only pull the latest item(s) that contains enclosure View next topic
View previous topic
VBrown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows how I can make a change in the RSSmesh script to allow it to only pull the latest x number of items from a feed that CONTAIN an enclosure. The reason I ask is because some authors of a few feeds I am meshing together sometimes just make an ordinary blog post without an enclosure. I want my meshed feed to include their latest item, but only the latest one that contains and enclosure, so I am assuming the coding must be changed to loop through until it finds the latest x number of items as specified that contain an enclosure. Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for your help.
MacSupport

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

VBrown wrote:
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows how I can make a change in the RSSmesh script to allow it to only pull the latest x number of items from a feed that CONTAIN an enclosure. The reason I ask is because some authors of a few feeds I am meshing together sometimes just make an ordinary blog post without an enclosure. I want my meshed feed to include their latest item, but only the latest one that contains and enclosure, so I am assuming the coding must be changed to loop through until it finds the latest x number of items as specified that contain an enclosure. Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for your help.

That is exactly what you need to do to modify the script. It is all failry basic PHP code so it shouldn't be too hard to modify.

Jim

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic