FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 itunes not seeing episodes View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Message
chambo



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Other podcasting clients see them fine, but not itunes. I'm stuck and need help!

Below is the code Feed for All created, can you help me to find what part of this is screwing with itunes?

Thanks much.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss
xmlns:itunes="http://www.itunes.com/DTDs/Podcast-1.0.dtd"
version="2.0">
<channel>
<title>The WIMZ Five Fifteen Sports Machine</title>
<description>Mark Packer and Billy Kidd keep you up to date with sports news. From the Vol&apos;s to NASCAR Mark and Billy are plugged in!</description>
<link>http://www.wimzfm.com</link>
<lastBuildDate>Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:58:12 -0500</lastBuildDate>
<pubDate>Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:29:05 -0500</pubDate>
<ttl>60</ttl>
<generator>FeedForAll v1.0 (2.0.0.3) unlicensed version</generator>
<itunes:subtitle>The Five Fifteen Sports Machine</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:summary>Mark Packer and Billy Kidd keep you up to date with sports news. From the Vol&apos;s to NASCAR Mark and Billy are plugged in!</itunes:summary>
<itunes:author>WIMZ</itunes:author>
<itunes:owner>
<itunes:name>WIMZ</itunes:name>
<itunes:email>rchambers at sccradio.com</itunes:email>
</itunes:owner>
<itunes:category text="Audio Blogs"/>
<itunes:category text="Comedy"/>
<itunes:category text="News"/>
<itunes:category text="Sports"/>
<itunes:category text="Talk Radio"/>
<itunes:keywords>WIMZ Sports Machine</itunes:keywords>
<itunes:explicit>no</itunes:explicit>
<item>
<title>January 17th</title>
<description>Seahawks Sean Locklear should have HIS azz kicked</description>
<link>http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11706.mp3</link>
<enclosure url="http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11606.mp3" length="11500" type="audio/mpeg"/>
<pubDate>Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:24:56 -0500</pubDate>
<itunes:subtitle>Seahawks Sean Locklear should have HIS azz kicked</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:explicit>no</itunes:explicit>
</item>
<item>
<title>January 13th</title>
<description>Can the Vols &quot;Git-R-Done&quot; next week??</description>
<link>http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11306.mp3</link>
<enclosure url="http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11306.mp3" length="11500" type="audio/mpeg"/>
<pubDate>Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:29:05 -0500</pubDate>
<itunes:subtitle>Can the Vols &quot;Git-R-Done&quot; next week??</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:explicit>no</itunes:explicit>
</item>
<item>
<title>January 16th</title>
<description>A Colt Kicker Conspiricy???</description>
<link>http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11606.mp3</link>
<enclosure url="http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11606.mp3" length="11500" type="audio/mpeg"/>
<pubDate>Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:24:56 -0500</pubDate>
<itunes:subtitle>A Colt Kicker Conspiricy???</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:explicit>no</itunes:explicit>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>
View user's profile
MacSupport



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2805

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

chambo wrote:
Other podcasting clients see them fine, but not itunes. I'm stuck and need help!

Below is the code Feed for All created, can you help me to find what part of this is screwing with itunes?

Thanks much.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss
xmlns:itunes="http://www.itunes.com/DTDs/Podcast-1.0.dtd"
version="2.0">
<channel>
<title>The WIMZ Five Fifteen Sports Machine</title>
<description>Mark Packer and Billy Kidd keep you up to date with sports news. From the Vol&apos;s to NASCAR Mark and Billy are plugged in!</description>
<link>http://www.wimzfm.com</link>
<lastBuildDate>Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:58:12 -0500</lastBuildDate>
<pubDate>Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:29:05 -0500</pubDate>
<ttl>60</ttl>
<generator>FeedForAll v1.0 (2.0.0.3) unlicensed version</generator>
<itunes:subtitle>The Five Fifteen Sports Machine</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:summary>Mark Packer and Billy Kidd keep you up to date with sports news. From the Vol&apos;s to NASCAR Mark and Billy are plugged in!</itunes:summary>
<itunes:author>WIMZ</itunes:author>
<itunes:owner>
<itunes:name>WIMZ</itunes:name>
<itunes:email>rchambers at sccradio.com</itunes:email>
</itunes:owner>
<itunes:category text="Audio Blogs"/>
<itunes:category text="Comedy"/>
<itunes:category text="News"/>
<itunes:category text="Sports"/>
<itunes:category text="Talk Radio"/>
<itunes:keywords>WIMZ Sports Machine</itunes:keywords>
<itunes:explicit>no</itunes:explicit>
<item>
<title>January 17th</title>
<description>Seahawks Sean Locklear should have HIS azz kicked</description>
<link>http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11706.mp3</link>
<enclosure url="http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11606.mp3" length="11500" type="audio/mpeg"/>
<pubDate>Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:24:56 -0500</pubDate>
<itunes:subtitle>Seahawks Sean Locklear should have HIS azz kicked</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:explicit>no</itunes:explicit>
</item>
<item>
<title>January 13th</title>
<description>Can the Vols &quot;Git-R-Done&quot; next week??</description>
<link>http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11306.mp3</link>
<enclosure url="http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11306.mp3" length="11500" type="audio/mpeg"/>
<pubDate>Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:29:05 -0500</pubDate>
<itunes:subtitle>Can the Vols &quot;Git-R-Done&quot; next week??</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:explicit>no</itunes:explicit>
</item>
<item>
<title>January 16th</title>
<description>A Colt Kicker Conspiricy???</description>
<link>http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11606.mp3</link>
<enclosure url="http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/515-11606.mp3" length="11500" type="audio/mpeg"/>
<pubDate>Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:24:56 -0500</pubDate>
<itunes:subtitle>A Colt Kicker Conspiricy???</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:explicit>no</itunes:explicit>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>


First I would recommend fixing the errors in your podcast, feedvalidator.org is a good place to start.

Second, in iTunes I see 2 of your 3 episodes. The one I don't see has the exact same pubdate as one that does show up. Since this is unlikely to be right, try fixing the pubdate of that item.

Jim
View user's profileVisit poster's website
chambo



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I have repaired the problems you mentioned. Ran my feed through the feed validator and fixed a number of problems manually. Things that FFA either produced wrong and lines that I messed up when inputing into FFA.

Feed validator says everything is good to go.

But, when I go into itunes and subscribe to my podcast it downloads the most current show and that is it. I have 9 items and none of them show up, or are downloadable. I've checked the rss feeds for other shows to try and spot a difference between theirs and mine...I'm a simple man and am stuck.

Is there something else I need to do so that my items or episodes all display
in itunes?

Help, please...thanks.
View user's profile
chambo



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Check it out if you can...

http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/sports.xml
View user's profile
MacSupport



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2805

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

chambo wrote:
Check it out if you can...

http://www.wimzfm.com/audio/sports.xml


I just subscribed to that feed in iTunes through the "Advanced" menu. It shows 9 episodes and automatically downloaded the newest version.

I can download the other episodes. If you just fixed it, Apple checks every 24 hours for updates. Your other option is to unsubscribe and then subscribe to force iTunes to read the newest copy of your feed.

Jim
View user's profileVisit poster's website
chambo



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for checking and I'm glad to hear that you can see all 9 items. How come my itunes is not displaying all nine items? I've checked on two computers, both the most recent version of itunes.

When I update the xml file it just downloads the latest item and deletes the previous. I've checked and adjusted the settings to "download all," but nothing works. I'm stumped.
View user's profile
chambo



Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Figured it out...wasn't too obvious. For those of you new to itunes, there is a little triangle graphic next to the title of a podcast. Click on it to expand or minimize items in that podcast.

Thanks for your help!
View user's profile
MacSupport



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2805

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

chambo wrote:
Figured it out...wasn't too obvious. For those of you new to itunes, there is a little triangle graphic next to the title of a podcast. Click on it to expand or minimize items in that podcast.

Thanks for your help!


Ah, yes. That is a "Disclosure Button" and a standard part of the Apple interface. To a windows user it would be less then obvious, yup.

Glad you got it working.

Jim
View user's profileVisit poster's website
pastortommy



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 4
Location: Minneapolis, MN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys. I couldn't see all of my episodes until you got my brain working

_________________
Pastor Tom Nelson
Cornerstone To Recovery
View user's profileVisit poster's website
Display posts from previous:      
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.


 Jump to:   



View next topic
View previous topic


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :: FI Theme