FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Maximum items option = 0 items shown View next topic
View previous topic
ChipW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the RSS2HTML script up and running and all is good, IF I do not put any number in the box for Maximum Items. Any positive or negative number causes 0 items to be displayed, only the headers. Obviously this is in the Script Link Tool.

I am setting this up to show CNN posts, though I would prefer BBC. But anyway, the CNN feed is very very long, and the maximum items is most certainly necessary.

How do I make it limit the posts?

Thanks
Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you would, please post the RSS2HTML URL you're using so we can have a look at what the maxitems URL statement shows for the output.

ChipW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I found the answer - leave the blank field as is - blank. Then edit the rss2html.php file, line 472. It is set by default to 10000, I changed it to 10 and now I get 10 news items posted.

I also got it working with the BBC news feed.

Thanks for the script, it works great.
ChipW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Tech Support"]If you would, please post the RSS2HTML URL you're using so we can have a look at what the maxitems URL statement shows for the output.[/quote]

OK, http://wiegand.org - is my web site. I have it working now in the sidebar of my website, but there is extra template placeholders appearing below the newsfeed. I cannot find why those are appearing. I have the php code for the rss2html feed and the table to display it in an include file. That is included in another include file, and that is included by the index.php.
hehehe, In other words - index.php includes sidebar_footer.inc which includes feed.inc (and others).

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic