FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 <link> field upgrade View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jtjohnston

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1) The RSS does not validate without a guid field. No big thing. I have never really figured out what the difference is between link and guid in practical terms.

2) A red flag needs to evaluate the <link> field. Before a feed is published, is there no way to fore-warn a user before uploading that link fields were either
a) not completed; or
b) two or more <link>s are identical?
It would save a newbie a lot of stress and coder's dyslexia.

I have learned from using Thunderbird that if a link field is empty or two or more fields have the same URL that TB will not display these entries and those that come after. Therefore a whole feed could fail to publish and only one entry appear.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
1) The RSS does not validate without a guid field. No big thing. I have never really figured out what the difference is between link and guid in practical terms.

In many cases the Link field won't be unique. That is why the GUID field exists.

I don't think at this time we will be making any changes to FeedForAll, just because Thunderbird has a problem with it's behavior with RSS feeds. You might consider providing Thunderbird with a bug report to get it fixed.

jtjohnston

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What about iTunes support for the Beta release?
Probably an old question,
John
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The beta release fully supports the iTunes namespace extension :)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic