FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 using rssmesh, rss2html, and rssfilter together View next topic
View previous topic
akalli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

I think I'm missing something basic. I did get the rssmesh and the rss2html scripts working as needed, but then I wanted to add rssfilter to the mix. I just can't figure out how the new filter config php file integrates with it all.

I've got:
1) the template html file
2) the feed php file
3) the mesh config php file
4) the filter config php file

Right now, the feed php file pulls information from the mesh php file and the template html file to create a nice web page with combined feeds. I see the feed php file listed near the top of the filter config php file, but am not sure what to do from there. I tested the filter when I generated the filter config code and the information seemed to be filtering as expected, but I'm missing the step(s) that intregrates this new filter config php file in with the rest. I have all these files (and the other associated files) all in the same directory. I thought that I was supposed to change the feed file listed in the feed php file from the mesh config php file to the filter config php file, but that only gave me an error, so I changed it back.

I'm confused...

Any help is appreciated!
Andrea
MacSupport

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

akalli wrote:
Hi all,

I think I'm missing something basic. I did get the rssmesh and the rss2html scripts working as needed, but then I wanted to add rssfilter to the mix. I just can't figure out how the new filter config php file integrates with it all.

I've got:
1) the template html file
2) the feed php file
3) the mesh config php file
4) the filter config php file

Right now, the feed php file pulls information from the mesh php file and the template html file to create a nice web page with combined feeds. I see the feed php file listed near the top of the filter config php file, but am not sure what to do from there. I tested the filter when I generated the filter config code and the information seemed to be filtering as expected, but I'm missing the step(s) that intregrates this new filter config php file in with the rest. I have all these files (and the other associated files) all in the same directory. I thought that I was supposed to change the feed file listed in the feed php file from the mesh config php file to the filter config php file, but that only gave me an error, so I changed it back.

I'm confused...

Any help is appreciated!
Andrea

Sounds like you are just about there. If I have this right, you are using rssMesh as the input to rssFilter.. With the current versions this is easy because you can just can use the name of your configuration file instead of using rssMesh.php?CONFIGFILE=......

The last step is to use rss2html.php?buildURL and for the feed URL put in the URL to rssFilter

Jim

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic