FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Web screen look View next topic
View previous topic
Cwnorwalk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am unable to locate any information on how I can redesign the RSS generated feed to a look and feel for our community site. When I publish I get the generic look. I see items for skins, say to select from TOOLs, but my FeedForAll does not have a TOOLs menu (using Mac OSX), PowerBook.

can I change the html/xtml code within the page on the server, or make code changes within the Feed Creator itself. What I want to add is the organization logo, and link buttons at minimum.

feed://westnorwalk.org/minutes/WNA.xml

Appreciate anyones help and direction

CWNORWALK
MacSupport

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cwnorwalk wrote:
I am unable to locate any information on how I can redesign the RSS generated feed to a look and feel for our community site. When I publish I get the generic look. I see items for skins, say to select from TOOLs, but my FeedForAll does not have a TOOLs menu (using Mac OSX), PowerBook.

can I change the html/xtml code within the page on the server, or make code changes within the Feed Creator itself. What I want to add is the organization logo, and link buttons at minimum.

feed://westnorwalk.org/minutes/WNA.xml

Appreciate anyones help and direction

CWNORWALK

The way an RSS feed is displayed in a web browser is normally controlled by the web browser. You can get more control if you write and include an XSL style sheet.

The other option is to use a script like our RSS2HTML, http://www.feedforall.com/free-php-script.htm , to convert the feed to HTML. Then you have control of how it is displayed.

The "skins" are for the windows version only. Not only that, but the skins only change the way FeedForAll looks and has no affect on the feed itself.

Jim

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic