FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Simple help questions plz... :) View next topic
View previous topic
riffster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,

I've created my rss page, what file and where do I edit to change the total number of items displayed?

and can I use the html2 templates with sql2rss?

thanks...

Riff
MacSupport

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

riffster wrote:
Hello,

I've created my rss page, what file and where do I edit to change the total number of items displayed?

thanks...

Riff

The number of items created by sql2rss is controlled in your "SELECT" statement.

You can not use an rss2html template with sql2rss. But, you can use sql2rss as the input feed to rss2html.

Jim

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com
riffster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MacSupport wrote:
riffster wrote:
Hello,

thanks...

Riff

The number of items created by sql2rss is controlled in your "SELECT" statement.

You can not use an rss2html template with sql2rss. But, you can use sql2rss as the input feed to rss2html.

Jim

Thanks... yeah sorry, should have "snooped" the code a bit more before asking. I found it after looking. One thing that I can't find however, is the time interval (how often) the script checks for new content? Is that also in the config file somewhere? What is the default interval and where would I change the value?

Thanks,
Riff...
MacSupport

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

riffster wrote:
MacSupport wrote:
riffster wrote:
Hello,

thanks...

Riff

Jim

Thanks... yeah sorry, should have "snooped" the code a bit more before asking. I found it after looking. One thing that I can't find however, is the time interval (how often) the script checks for new content? Is that also in the config file somewhere? What is the default interval and where would I change the value?

Thanks,
Riff...

Every time the script is run it looks in the database, unless you have enable caching. Then caching will control how often the database is checked.

Jim

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic