FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Feed Uploads/Latest Items Not There View next topic
View previous topic
ranger6350

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I initially checked 'total # of files to upload' at 25. However, I see they just got to 25 and quit uploading the new files. The ones showing are the first 25 only.

So, I unchecked the '25' box and re-uploaded. No difference. For some reason my total number of files remains 25, even though that box is not checked upon upload.

Files claim to have uploaded successfully and the new filedate is shown in ftp client. When I open new file, it does not have the latest files in it. So, they are not updating from the 'Items' area when published.

Ideas? Thanks!
MacSupport

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ranger6350 wrote:
I initially checked 'total # of files to upload' at 25. However, I see they just got to 25 and quit uploading the new files. The ones showing are the first 25 only.

So, I unchecked the '25' box and re-uploaded. No difference. For some reason my total number of files remains 25, even though that box is not checked upon upload.

Files claim to have uploaded successfully and the new filedate is shown in ftp client. When I open new file, it does not have the latest files in it. So, they are not updating from the 'Items' area when published.

Ideas? Thanks!

There is no box that controls the number of files to be uploaded. There is a box in the top section that controls the number of items in the feed. And the publish system will only publish files that have a newer time then the last upload.

Jim

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com
ranger6350

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The HTML file refuses to update past 25 items. Seems an unlikely coincidence that I had the total files in the RSS limited to 25 and the HTML happened to quit at 25, as well.

That's why I unchecked the 25 limit in the RSS, thinking that maybe that would trigger the HTML file to update to the newer files. Nothing since 1.16.08 has updated in the HTML file. I've been doing everything the same before/since that time.

Any suggestions? I have many new files since then. I need to find whatever this glitch is so that part stays updated. Please advise. Thanks!

-Ranger
MacSupport

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ranger6350 wrote:
The HTML file refuses to update past 25 items. Seems an unlikely coincidence that I had the total files in the RSS limited to 25 and the HTML happened to quit at 25, as well.

That's why I unchecked the 25 limit in the RSS, thinking that maybe that would trigger the HTML file to update to the newer files. Nothing since 1.16.08 has updated in the HTML file. I've been doing everything the same before/since that time.

Any suggestions? I have many new files since then. I need to find whatever this glitch is so that part stays updated. Please advise. Thanks!

-Ranger

Are you uploading the HTML export of the XML feed? That number is controlled in the "Upload Other" files section where you defined the export.

Jim

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com
ranger6350

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes. The 'Upload Other Files' box is checked, as is the box for that particular file to be uploaded. As a workaround I have been going into the html file and manually entering the info, a drag in the long term.

I just added a new file/article to the FFA list, with time to be now, uploaded with boxes checked and nothing updated. Stayed same as it had been.

Idea next? ;-)

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic