FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 FTP Upload Failure View next topic
View previous topic
JohnF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Am evaluating Mac version. On setting up ftp location, having entered location, user id and password, and hit "browse" window reports "succeded" but shows nothing. Wagonwheel keeps spinning. "Accept" blue.
FTP log empty ... just nothing in it.
Help, John
kawaara

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am having the same issue!! HELP!!
kawaara

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have the exact same problem. I have all the right info and it says it connects no problem. However, I can't see any location info and I have in the top menu is this symbol ~. I am very frustrated, I have spent hours on this. Please help ASAP. I have purchased the full version of this software. I am using it for 2 sites. The one site works great but the other one does not hence the problem.

Thanks for your prompt response!
bocaranda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the same problem, PLEASE HELP
Milo99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep exact same problem as well.
MacSupport

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Milo99 wrote:
Yep exact same problem as well.

What does the "View Log" show? What if you try different FTP options like PASV, does it produce different results?

Jim

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com
bocaranda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am having the same issue HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!!
bocaranda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now it's working fine, thanks
patmcevoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I own a copy of FFA Mac and was contemplating recommending it to a client. The copy I own has suddenly failed to publish established RSS feeds I had been successfully maintaining with FFA. It starts the connection to the server, starts to upload the file, then fails after a very long wait. (beach ball) I check the XML file on the server and find that it is 0.k in size. I have been having to place the XML file manually with another FTP application. I have re-installed and that has not helped. The drive is healthy and otherwise the machine works well.
Has anyone else seen this?
Thank you.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Generally, this is caused when FFA can't change folders in the FTP process. What do you have specified as your Feed, Image, and Enclosure paths?

patmcevoy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tech Support wrote:
Generally, this is caused when FFA can't change folders in the FTP process. What do you have specified as your Feed, Image, and Enclosure paths?

Thanks, I will check the path. I do know that I am getting there because it changes a known good XML file to an empty file. The strange part is that is was working in the past. I do not use a feed image. (working up to that) . I will look into it and let you know what I get.
sgerman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did any of this ever get resolved because I'm also having the same problem. FFA will publish the file only if it's going to the root directory for the site. It will not browse to another folder in the site. The "browse" button only opens up to show a tildee for the root folder. If I manually enter a path to upload to, it says it's successful on publication, but nothing actually gets uploaded. Out of frustration I've been using Fetch to upload the saved file instead. Only problem with this method is deleted items from the feed are still showing up in my RSS reader, and I don't know if this has to do with the method of upload or is a normal function of the RSS reader (Google).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The overall issue is related to the directory structure of the FTP site that the program has been told to connect to. In each case, your user credentials will take you to a base directory. If you want the Feed to be posted to a directory other than the base directory, you'll need to specify it in the Feed Path section.

Just for example, let's say that we want to post the feed to a directory called Podcast.

From the base directory that we'll connect to in this theoretical setup, let's also say that the Podcast directory is located under the www directory.

So, for the Feed Path, you would put: /www/podcast/

It is important to note that any Feed path should begin with a /

sgerman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the response. I've been doing just what you're saying, manually typing in the upload path as you suggest, and although FFA tells me the publishing was successful, it hasn't actually done anything. Aside from that, would the method of upload (using Fetch vs. "publishing" with FFA) have anything to do with whether RSS readers would continue to display deleted items?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's a bit odd... if FFA says that it published the file, that means that a file transfer was initiated and was successfully completed. Though, the file may not be getting to the intended directory? That's quite strange. Just to test, create a completely new feed just for test purposes and upload it to the same directory that you've been trying to upload your regular feed to.

After you've done that, see if it shows up on the web server in the proper location. If it doesn't, have a look on the web server to see where the new file was actually placed.

As for RSS Readers continuing to display deleted items, some readers will retain old items from a feed that the user has subscribed to even after they've been removed from the feed on the server itself. It's a setting in each reader.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic