FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 pubDate off by 2 hours View next topic
View previous topic
billz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The pubDate time in my feed is off my 2 hours. Does anyone know how I can correct this?

This is important because I'm actually not using the date when the item was published in the pubDate field. I have an event site, so this feed lists the upcoming events on the site. So, for the pubDate, I am trying to make it show the date and time when the event will occur. So, if the event is on October 5, 2009 at 8:00pm, then it should say: October 5, 2005 8:00pm

The date shows up correctly, but again, the time is show 2 hours ahead of the actual time listed on the event, so instead of being 8:00pm it shows as 10:00pm.

Any thoughts?
billz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

billz wrote:
The pubDate time in my feed is off my 2 hours. Does anyone know how I can correct this?

This is important because I'm actually not using the date when the item was published in the pubDate field. I have an event site, so this feed lists the upcoming events on the site. So, for the pubDate, I am trying to make it show the date and time when the event will occur. So, if the event is on October 5, 2009 at 8:00pm, then it should say: October 5, 2005 8:00pm

The date shows up correctly, but again, the time is show 2 hours ahead of the actual time listed on the event, so instead of being 8:00pm it shows as 10:00pm.

Any thoughts?

Can't edit posts here, but I had a few typos so I'm re-posting :)

The pubDate time in my feed is off by 2 hours. Does anyone know how I can correct this?

This is important because I'm actually not using the date when the item was published in the pubDate field. I have an event site, so this feed lists the upcoming events on the site. So, for the pubDate, I am trying to make it show the date and time when the event will occur. So, if the event is on October 5, 2009 at 8:00pm, then it should say: October 5, 2009 8:00pm

The date shows up correctly, but again, the time is 2 hours ahead of the actual time listed on the event, so instead of being 8:00pm it shows as 10:00pm.

Any thoughts?
billz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for posting multiple times but I'm thinking that maybe what I want to do isn't possible. Does the pubDate automatically correct for timezones? If so, then no matter what I do the time will be off somewhere in the world.
billz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've decided to just not include a pubdate. I think that's for the best in my situation. I'm just going to have title, link and description in my feed.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic