FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 This feed could not be opened at this time... View next topic
View previous topic
kpeterson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone encountered a "Warning" box that stated the following.

"This feed could not be opened at this time. Would you like to remove this feed from the list."

I re-imported the the .xml feed and updated, etc.. and was able to post new content. But I have a podcast series that is over 70 episodes long and I'm afraid the same thing will happen. Each time I bring an .xml feed into FFA I have to go in and copy/paste the publish date from the html code and re-enter the iTunes topic info for each episode and that can take a couple hours. Does anyone know what might have caused this problem to occur? It's clear that this old .xml feed is never going to open again in FFA, I just want an idea of why it happened.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the message that you received only happens when a feed has been opened previously but the file path to the feed has changed. So, for example, if I have a feed called mine.xml in c:\program files\feedforall\ and I move that file to c:\storage\, the FeedForall interface is going to let me know that the feed couldn't be opened and would I like the feed removed.

Just out of curiosity, since it sounds like you know where the file is on the hard drive, what happens when you go to Feed - Open, browse to the file, and manually open it?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic