FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Serious Problems with Feed For All View next topic
View previous topic
AgentPete

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

V 2.0.2.9 Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

1) The feed is held on a network drive. FFA claims "the feed doesn't exist / do you want to remove it / are you sure?" on each running. I then have to open the feed manually again from the file menu. This is a major inconvenience if you are updating the feed file every day. I have complained about this previously but nothing resulted.

2) The feed and enclosures are held on separate servers. This is hardly an uncommon situation - but FFA only provides ftp to one server.

3) FFA interprets <itunes:duration> tags thus "80:00" as 80 hours, not as 01:20:00. It should calculate the duration automatically from the file length.

4) On closing and reopening in a new session, it loses local file locations ("no local file defined").

5) FTP transfer reports success. However, the uploaded file on the server is empty, rendering the feed useless.

All the above means the Feed For All is a barely-functioning RSS editor.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

AgentPete wrote:
1) The feed is held on a network drive. FFA claims "the feed doesn't exist / do you want to remove it / are you sure?" on each running. I then have to open the feed manually again from the file menu. This is a major inconvenience if you are updating the feed file every day. I have complained about this previously but nothing resulted.

Use the UNC path to the files (\\server\directory\) instead of the mapped drive association. The mapped drive association is log-on dependent and FFA, as you've noticed, doesn't always access mapped drive associations properly.

Quote:
2) The feed and enclosures are held on separate servers. This is hardly an uncommon situation - but FFA only provides ftp to one server.

When FFA uploads the feed, that's all we're really doing... uploading the XML content and any files associated or linked in the XML content. If you need the XML file to go to one location and the mp3/other files to go to another location, you'll need to upload the Feed from FeedForAll without the "Upload Item Enclosure" checkbox enabled. Then use a separate FTP program to upload the mp3/etc content to your other FTP server.

Quote:
3) FFA interprets <itunes:duration> tags thus "80:00" as 80 hours, not as 01:20:00. It should calculate the duration automatically from the file length.

I'll pass this along to our development team.

Quote:
4) On closing and reopening in a new session, it loses local file locations ("no local file defined").

Hmm... I've never seen the program lose local file associations before, only file associations on mapped drives. Are you sure it's a local file location that's being lost?

Quote:
5) FTP transfer reports success. However, the uploaded file on the server is empty, rendering the feed useless.

That's strange. Log in to your FTP site with a separate FTP program and delete that XML file. Then go back in to FFA and re-publish the feed. Did the file reappear in that same directory? If not, FFA has been told to upload the file to a location other than where you're looking.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic