FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 How to combine rss2html and rssmesh and rssfilter ? View next topic
View previous topic
joe-2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anybody know how to combine rss2html, rssmesh and rssfilter? I would like to choose some rss feed sources, filter each source or certain keywords and then combine those filtered feeds into one feed. This feed I want to display on my webpage via rss2html.

Any ideas? Thank you very much for your help in advance.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You would setup rssfilter first. Then use the URL for rssfilter for the feed source(s) for rssmesh. Then use the rssmesh URL as the feed source for rss2html.

Make sense?

joe-2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tech Support wrote:
You would setup rssfilter first. Then use the URL for rssfilter for the feed source(s) for rssmesh. Then use the rssmesh URL as the feed source for rss2html.

Make sense?

Thanks for the quick reply. It makes sense the way you described it, but I think I am missing something.

Just to keep it simple I used only two URLs with rssmesh.php (without rssfilter.php) and saved the config file as 'myfeed_mesh_config.php'.

To display the combined feeds I used a link like this: '/resources/feeds/rss2html.php?XMLFILE=/resources/feeds/myfeed_mesh_config.php' When I click on it the following messege appears: 'Configuration setting prohibit using the specified feed file, exiting'

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You want to use the rssmesh.php file as the XMLFILE source, not the config file.

joe-2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tech Support wrote:
You want to use the rssmesh.php file as the XMLFILE source, not the config file.

I guess I can't use just rssmesh.php as XMLFILE source as I still have to account for the two URLs, but if I use the following link:"/resources/feeds/rss2html.php?XMLFILE=/resources/feeds/rssMesh.php?CONFIGFILE=myfeed_mesh_config.php" I get the same error.

??

Regards
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Instead of running it through rss2html at this point, try just using the rssmesh.php url in your browser and make sure that you get an rss feed back.

joe-2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tech Support wrote:
Instead of running it through rss2html at this point, try just using the rssmesh.php url in your browser and make sure that you get an rss feed back.

I tried using
'/resources/feeds/rssMesh.php?CONFIGFILE=myfeed_mesh_config.php' in my browser. I get a feed, but its not my own, but a rssMesh.php Sample Template.

"A sample RSS feed template for rssMesh.php, http://www.FeedForAll.com/, by NotePage, Inc."
joe-2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

joe-2 wrote:
Tech Support wrote:

I tried using
'/resources/feeds/rssMesh.php?CONFIGFILE=myfeed_mesh_config.php' in my browser. I get a feed, but its not my own, but a rssMesh.php Sample Template.

"A sample RSS feed template for rssMesh.php, http://www.FeedForAll.com/, by NotePage, Inc."

I got "rss2html" and "rssMesh" working together - I had to use absolut URLs to specify my sources in "rssMesh". The Problem is, if I use the php file(s) generated by "rssFilter" as source(s) for "rssMesh" they won't show. Also some other RSS sources are now incomplete and show this instead:
* Import new items from a master feed
* Create a new feed, and import some items from the master feed
* Import new items from feeds that have been used before
* Sort the items by title
* Sort the items by pubDate

Any suggestions? Many thanks!
joe-2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

joe-2 wrote:
joe-2 wrote:
Tech Support wrote:

I tried using

I got "rss2html" and "rssMesh" working together - I had to use absolut URLs to specify my sources in "rssMesh". The Problem is, if I use the php file(s) generated by "rssFilter" as source(s) for "rssMesh" they won't show. Also some other RSS sources are now incomplete and show this instead:
* Import new items from a master feed
* Create a new feed, and import some items from the master feed
* Import new items from feeds that have been used before
* Sort the items by title
* Sort the items by pubDate

Any suggestions? Many thanks!

I have sorted it somehow. I had to empty the "AllCacheFiles"-folder for my changes to have effect. Now I have got another question. How can I change the "sample-template" file, so that I can use PHP. I'd like to include a counter to number each feed. I made a PHP file and pointed "rss2html" to via $TEMPLATEfilename = "sample-template.php";

But I either get so see the PHP code on my page or the PHP code is not excecuted.

Is there a way to use PHP for the template layout? Many thanks.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic