FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Need to create feed from database, what am I doing wrong? View next topic
View previous topic
fergseo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all, do I have to have rss2html.php script on my server in order to use the sql2rss.php script?

Here's my situation:

I have an article directory on my site (www.modernautoloans.com/articles/) that runs off of a MySQL database on my server. I plan to start adding an article everyday going forward. I want to put a snippet on my home page of the latest article I've posted to the article directory. The format would look like this:

Title
Date
Description (Up to the first 200 characters of the article)
Link to Read full article

What do I do first??? I'm comfortable working with source code but I'm completely lost here.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
FeedForAll Sales

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The best way to use rss2html.php script is to upload the script to your web server, and configure the settings of the rss2html.php script.

You can also setup a link on your web page to access the rss2html.php script, and resulting web page. Call the rss2html script by passing the URLs of the RSS feed and web page template files. The script needs to run on a web server.

FeedForAll's public server or RSS2HTML server is unfortunately no longer an option.

Documentation is at http://www.feedforall.com/php-documentation.htm

With the SQL2RSS.php script, copy the PHP files to a folder on your web server. The folder should be accessible from the Internet. The sql2rss.php script's destination folder could be the same folder that you keep your web pages in.

Documentation is at http://www.feedforall.com/sql2rss-documentation.htm

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic