FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Newbie needs help with podcast View next topic
View previous topic
csrawarrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,
I have a website that I have been running for about a year and would like to start podcasting. I am using Audacity and have done a couple "dry" runs. I have some intro and ending "bumper" music. I want to make the podcast like a radio talk show.

My question is how can I add audio sound bytes to the podcast? For example, if I am discussing the President saying taxes will go up this year and then add in audio sound byte with the Pres actually saying just that. I know how to get the audio file and have thought about recording the podcast and then coming back and adding in the sound byte. If I did it that way I would have to note the time that I need to insert it during the edit process. Sometimes I get pretty wound up on a topic and don't want to loose my train of thought and it would be nice if I could have the audio files and just plug them in as I go.

Any suggestions on how I could get this done would be greatly appreciated.
Happy podcasting!
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the easiest way to do it is to add the audio in post processing. So, you would record the podcast and then as you're listening to the podcast, pause it and find the audio elements you want to insert. Then insert them, fine tune it a little and keep listening until you've hit the next moment you want to do that with.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic