FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Can't See Published Files In IDisk View next topic
View previous topic
taylorla

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been trying for a while to publish a podcast rss feed that I can send to itunes that's more sophisticated than the link iweb naturally offers.

When I try to publish my podcast, if I type in http://homepage.mac.com/taylorabrahamse in the 'path' directory, which I believe was recommended, I get an 'unkown error' whenever I click browse.

However, if I don't type in anything, hit browse, and then create a folder, it seems to all make sense (it says its part of the 'site' directory on idisk). But then when I look at the idisk site in order to get the rss link after publishing, it will only show 'Iweb' as a published site, with my main website.

Am I misunderstanding something? How do I actually get the rss link to send to them? Where are my files being hosted right now?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm... well, when you publish your feed from FeedForAll, what's your feed path? Normally, the actual Feed's URL is going to be www.yoursite/publishdirectory/feedname.xml

So, you can take your site name, put the feed path on the end of it, then append it with the feed's name from the feed list.

taylorla

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I tried typing that in to the 'path', and I get the same 'unknown error' when I click browse: www.taylorabrahamse.ca/publishdirectory/The_Taylor_Show.xml

I get really confused with all these names. Is there something else I should be typing in for 'publishdirectory', an actual name - such as 'site'?

Because I've already technically published it without typing in a directory, is it just screwing up because its already published, and I just don't know where?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, when I was using 'publishdirectory', I really just meant for it to be a placeholder for you to enter your actual publishing directory. If you go into your Publish Settings there in FFA, what does it say your Feed Path is?

taylorla

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I press 'publish feed' (I don't see a 'Publish Settings' button), it says the feed path is 'default directory' when I select my website 'taylorabrahamse.ca'

I tried before with a different website, a made-up one through .mac called 'taylorshowfeed.com', because the instructions phrased it as if I could make up a website. Then it says 'taylorshowfeed' in the feed path and when I click browse I see everything fine, because I clicked publish and it seemed to work.

If I type in that with taylorabrahamse.ca selected, then click browse, I can then see all the podcast mp3s, the podcast image, and a small .xml file in a folder called 'sites'.

However, how do I get the rss link now, and where are my files in idisk? Do I have to change it to go through my actual domain, then they'll appear in the idisk and I can get the rss?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic