FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 RSS Newbie - How to set up a company RSS feed on our website View next topic
View previous topic
MixingMel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our company has a website. I would like to accomplish 2 things:

1. Create an RSS news feed for the press to follow, and to inform interested parties.
a. Have a listing of all major articles/press releases on the website. In a somewhat blog type format. but need to have other information/links (sidebars) on the page as well. (an example of what we are trying to accomplish: http://newsroom.ch2mhill.com/pr/ch2m/default.aspx )
b. Have a way for people to join the RSS so they are notified of new news postings by our company.

2. Create an RSS feed for new employment offerings.
c. List employment offerings at our company so they can be notified as soon as they are posted on our website.

I am confused on how to accomplish this task for the company. I am a fairly knowledgeable HTML code writer (not an expert). But, I am getting confused on how to set the RSS Info up to have it delivered the way I need it to interested parties.

Confusion:
1. I have downloaded your test program. And it seems easy to create a "Feed". I am getting confused on how to incorporate this in the website. for each posting/article do you make an additional webpage? Because ultimately I would like to have the headlines and then click on them to go to that article. (like the example). But the RSS feed should go directly to that particular article when clicked on it? What I have read seems to be a link to one page that is "updated"
2. Adding a chicklet to the site for users to use the RSS feed automatically.

Thank you so much for any help in advance!
Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MixingMel wrote:
1. I have downloaded your test program. And it seems easy to create a "Feed". I am getting confused on how to incorporate this in the website. for each posting/article do you make an additional webpage? Because ultimately I would like to have the headlines and then click on them to go to that article. (like the example). But the RSS feed should go directly to that particular article when clicked on it? What I have read seems to be a link to one page that is "updated"

Okay, when you create a feed, the next step is to upload the .XML file generated by FeedForAll to your website. So, you want to go to Feed - Publish, then click on Edit in the upper right hand corner and fill in your FTP Server information and directory structure. Now, after you upload your feed, you'll have a feed URL. That's the URL you want to give out so people can subscribe to your feed.

Quote:
2. Adding a chicklet to the site for users to use the RSS feed automatically.

After you upload your feed, you can include a chicklet that links to the feed so people can just click on it to read the feed automatically in their feed reader.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic