FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 HELP PLEASE I HAVE A QUESTION?? View next topic
View previous topic
tyler356

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

would i be able to use someone elses rss feed on my website. That will promote and let people make discussions and comparisons on the site if theres multiple rss feeds . then they can look at ?
thecheapwedding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like to get the answer to that as well. I just started the website Cheap Wedding and it would be useful for me.

Regards, Martha
FeedForAll Sales

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The free rss2html.php script automatically displays RSS feeds as HTML on your website. The script converts feeds to HTML on the fly, and does not create any files.

Your web server will need to support PHP. Since the rss2html script uses PHP, you will want to know or be familiar with PHP.

Download the free rss2html.php script at http://www.feedforall.com/scripts-directory.htm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As a follow on to this, if I use FFA to create and publish feeds from my website, will other people be able to effectively "steal" my content easily and load it up on their own websites. I create all of my own content and I want it to remain unique across the web and it is this fear that has so far prevented me from creating an RSS feed. But, I keep on reading that you should create RSS feeds to encourage people to come back and revisit your website.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this dilemma - or adequately protect my RSS feed?
FeedForAll Sales

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are no provisions in the RSS 2.0 Specifications for password protecting RSS feeds.

Security for making RSS feeds available only to a private list of subscribers would be setup on your HTTP server or web server. Enclosure types for video or audio files included with the RSS feeds are mostly referential links. Any encryption or security for video or audio is done server-side, and the RSS feed would just be linking to the secure items.

People can subscribe to your RSS feeds using feed readers, and display the RSS as HTML on their websites. You can also submit your RSS feeds to RSS aggregators or directories. This gets your content out to people, and for people to revisit your website.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FeedForAll Sales, thanks for the info. It confirms what I feared, really.
FeedForAll Sales

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How are people currently getting your content?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FeedForAll Sales wrote:
How are people currently getting your content?

Just by visiting the website.
FeedForAll Sales

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps create some RSS feeds with FeedForAll software with content that doesn't need to be secured. A basic RSS feed includes a title, short description and the URL for your web page.

Download a free trial of FeedForAll software at http://www.feedforall.com/software.htm

With an RSS feed, subscribers will automatically receive your updated feeds, and when they click on the feed, they'll be taken to your website.

More information is at http://www.feedforall.com/rss-education-center.htm

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic