FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 CACHE MODULE - Nothing is stored in the directory... View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Message
westmont300



Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Also there is nothing in the directory that I created as 777 mod. Does this mean the program isn't working?
View user's profile
MacSupport



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2805

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

westmont300 wrote:
Also there is nothing in the directory that I created as 777 mod. Does this mean the program isn't working?


If there is nothing being written, then it is not caching. Did you use rss2html.php?buildURL and check the box to enable caching? If not you have to edit rss2html.php and enable it in there.

Jim

_________________
Be sure to check out the FeedForAll Mac tutorials at: http://www.FeedForAll.com/tutorials/

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com
View user's profileVisit poster's website
westmont300



Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Jim, Yea, I changed the value of the line to toggle cachine from 0 to 1. Any other reason it isn't working?? I have the caching directory set up also.
View user's profile
MacSupport



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2805

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

westmont300 wrote:
Hi Jim, Yea, I changed the value of the line to toggle cachine from 0 to 1. Any other reason it isn't working?? I have the caching directory set up also.


If you edit rss2html.php and add the following code on line #2

Code:
$debugLevel = 3;


This will show debug messges. This will help track the problem down.

Jim

_________________
Be sure to check out the FeedForAll Mac tutorials at: http://www.FeedForAll.com/tutorials/

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com
View user's profileVisit poster's website
westmont300



Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jim,
I added the line. Too much stuff to post here. Please take a look,

http://www.gregorygarver.com/Html/rss2html.php
View user's profile
westmont300



Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jimbo, my sites offline till you help me with it. Throw me a bone.
View user's profile
westmont300



Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DIAG: setting $useFopenURL=-1 because curl_init() doesn't exist
DIAG: FeedForAll_scripts_readFile(http://www.gregorygarver.com/Html/index.html, -1, 0 <= 0)
DIAG: FeedForAll_scripts_readFile(http://feedblendr.com/blends/19664.rss, -1, 1 <= 0)
DIAG: startElement($parser, ENTRY, $attrs)
DIAG: endElement($parser, ENTRY)
DIAG: Using item "2515 Scott Street: Now And Then (And On The Market)"
DIAG: adding to items, count=1
DIAG: startElement($parser, ENTRY, $attrs)
DIAG: endElement($parser, ENTRY)
DIAG: Using item "Big House, Big Views, Big Dreams, And Big News…It’s In Contract"
DIAG: adding to items, count=2
DIAG: startElement($parser, ENTRY, $attrs)
DIAG: endElement($parser, ENTRY)
DIAG: Using item "Eater Tastings: Rumors, Fires, and Victories, Oh My!"
DIAG: adding to items, count=3
DIAG: startElement($parser, ENTRY, $attrs)
DIAG: endElement($parser, ENTRY)
View user's profile
MacSupport



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2805

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

westmont300 wrote:
DIAG: setting $useFopenURL=-1 because curl_init() doesn't exist
DIAG: FeedForAll_scripts_readFile(http://www.gregorygarver.com/Html/index.html, -1, 0 <= 0)
DIAG: FeedForAll_scripts_readFile(http://feedblendr.com/blends/19664.rss, -1, 1 <= 0)
DIAG: startElement($parser, ENTRY, $attrs)
DIAG: endElement($parser, ENTRY)
DIAG: Using item "2515 Scott Street: Now And Then (And On The Market)"
DIAG: adding to items, count=1
DIAG: startElement($parser, ENTRY, $attrs)
DIAG: endElement($parser, ENTRY)
DIAG: Using item "Big House, Big Views, Big Dreams, And Big News…It’s In Contract"
DIAG: adding to items, count=2
DIAG: startElement($parser, ENTRY, $attrs)
DIAG: endElement($parser, ENTRY)
DIAG: Using item "Eater Tastings: Rumors, Fires, and Victories, Oh My!"
DIAG: adding to items, count=3
DIAG: startElement($parser, ENTRY, $attrs)
DIAG: endElement($parser, ENTRY)


There is no hint at it trying to use the cache module. Is it in the same directory as rss2html.php.

Jim

_________________
Be sure to check out the FeedForAll Mac tutorials at: http://www.FeedForAll.com/tutorials/

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com
View user's profileVisit poster's website
westmont300



Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes Jim, it is... No ideas??
View user's profile
MacSupport



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2805

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

westmont300 wrote:
Yes Jim, it is... No ideas??


And it is still named FeedForAll_Scripts_CachingExtension.php, with the capitals? Because those debug messages aren't from the caching module, but the non-caching version.

Jim

_________________
Be sure to check out the FeedForAll Mac tutorials at: http://www.FeedForAll.com/tutorials/

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com
View user's profileVisit poster's website
westmont300



Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yes... someone else has got to have had this issue?
View user's profile
westmont300



Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jim, what have you found? No one responded to my email about the lost password either (I want to give your new and improved rss2html a try). The email address I emailed you from was daysinnmarina@yahoo.com.
View user's profile
westmont300



Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jim I would like to try the new updated rss2html pro to see if this fixes the problem. I can't try it without my login information.. no one has responded to my emails.
View user's profile
MacSupport



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2805

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

westmont300 wrote:
Jim I would like to try the new updated rss2html pro to see if this fixes the problem. I can't try it without my login information.. no one has responded to my emails.


I don't have access to account information, only sales@feedforall.com does.

Jim

_________________
Be sure to check out the FeedForAll Mac tutorials at: http://www.FeedForAll.com/tutorials/

FeedForAll Mac and rss2html.php
support@FeedForAll.com
View user's profileVisit poster's website
westmont300



Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I got my password finally... redownloaded the caching module and rss2html pro... module still doesn't work.
View user's profile
Display posts from previous:      
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.


 Jump to:   



View next topic
View previous topic


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :: FI Theme