FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 How to read the old RSS feeds? View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Saurabh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was trying to set up the RSS feed for one of the forums. The problem faced is that, I am able to get feeds which are 3 days old but cannot get older feeds. Can this be customized in the Forum,Browser or the RSS REader? If so, how? Also when we get a feed how does the thread of a particular post handled through RSS? Does it show 2 different enteries for the thread and the post or does it replace the post entry?The relpy to this will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Saurabh
Tech Support

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The number and 'age' of the items displayed is usually controlled by the feed readers themselves. For example, in the IE7 and FireFox Feed Reader, there is an option that you can set to show you the last X number of days (where X is a numerical value).

simrnz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm also facing somehow the same kind of problem, where the difference is I'm handling a blog instead of a forum. The same method goes to the forum?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, again... if you post all a feed with all of your items, including the old items, the blog generally has an option to display a certain date range of items.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic