FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 FFA: how does it update content automatically? View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Paul-NY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi
I may try feed for all, but have a question on how it updates content for a feed automatically. I work on a website where the users who update the content on it do so with Dreamweaver in design mode--they do not know HTML.

I would like to create a RSS feed using feed for all for some of the pages they regularly update, however, I am assuming that FFA requires the HTML tags where the content is updated to be specifically marked through ID or other HTML attributes so the RSS feed can find and retrieve the correct content?

Is this correct or is it possible to use FFA with web content updates who do not know HTML?

Paul
Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Paul,

Well... FeedForAll really doesn't find and retrieve web content. It lets you create an RSS Feed on your computer and publish it to any FTP/website you have access to. I mea,n you can download a feed into FFA but... ther ereally isn't a way to have any of the items hotlinked to specific content on a site and then have that content auto-update in the feed and then auto-publish.

FeedForAll Sales

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Create RSS feeds by downloading a free trial of FeedForAll software at http://www.feedforall.com/software.htm

The free rss2html.php script automatically displays the RSS feeds as HTML on a web page. The script converts feeds to HTML on the fly, and does not create any files. Download the free rss2html.php script at http://www.feedforall.com/scripts-directory.htm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic