FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 What is rss exactly? what is use of it? View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
rockz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What is rss exactly? what is use of it?
Hi,

I'm SEO beginner; I want to know what mean by rss exactly? plz suggest

also explain what is use of rss? if we don't put rss in our site, what will happen?
jeyz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RSS is a sort of summary of information on your site that people can 'subscribe to' and get automated updates. For example a blog may have an RSS feed, if I subscribe to the RSS feed My RSS reader (Firefox calls it LiveBookmarks) would automatically display any updates added to the RSS feed.

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish RSS may or may not be useful to you. If you are just starting SEO then maybe RSS is a little way down the road.

Good Luck.
rwoods

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Rockz!

I hope you don't mind if I chime in. I am a newbie in the site as well, and I am interested to answer your question though.

RSS feeds (Rich Site Summary Feeds or Really Simple Syndication) are a format that allows the publishing of regularly updated works. However, instead of delivering the whole contents, RSS feeds use the summarized texts of such contents.

Actually, RSS feeds make it easier for publishers to syndicate their articles. When I say syndicate that means, make their articles available to multiple websites.

Some say that Rss feeds can be used as a strategy to increase traffic to ones website. I actually wrote an article about that, but I'm not sure if it's alright to post links here.

I hope this helps.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic