FeedForAll Forum Index ?
?Home?????FAQ????? Search ?????Memberlist ?????Register ?????Profile? ????Log in
?FFA and pdfs View next topic
View previous topic
InI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried to add a link to a pdf version of an article on my site and although FFA accepted it (I validated the file before uploading), the xml file still got wiped out!

Luckily, I was able to rescue the file from the FFA folder, open it in Dreamweaver, repair the offending entry and open it in FFA, add files and upload without a problem.

However, before I did all this I checked the code and FFA had mangled the item with the link to the pdf file, wiping out the description tags and deleted the tag, hence I got an EOF error. (It also wiped out the link preceding it to the html version of the same file.)

If FFA won't accept links to pdfs, then you need to stop it from doing so or issue a warning!

Also, I think the error handling needs to be improved, so if there is an error at least it doesn't wipe out the entire feed.

http://www.williambowles.info/ini.xml

Bill
MacSupport

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

InI wrote:
I tried to add a link to a pdf version of an article on my site and although FFA accepted it (I validated the file before uploading), the xml file still got wiped out!

Luckily, I was able to rescue the file from the FFA folder, open it in Dreamweaver, repair the offending entry and open it in FFA, add files and upload without a problem.

However, before I did all this I checked the code and FFA had mangled the item with the link to the pdf file, wiping out the description tags and deleted the tag, hence I got an EOF error. (It also wiped out the link preceding it to the html version of the same file.)

If FFA won't accept links to pdfs, then you need to stop it from doing so or issue a warning!

Also, I think the error handling needs to be improved, so if there is an error at least it doesn't wipe out the entire feed.

http://www.williambowles.info/ini.xml

Bill

Responded in email

?Jump to:? ?

View next topic
View previous topic