FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Entering upload FTP server infos View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For starters, we love feedback. Flurry all you want.

Something similar to this has been posted before, so I want to try to further understand the need.

I realize that when you first setup each feed, it is sort of a pain to enter the FTP info for each feed, especially if all the feeds get uploaded to the same server. We are looking into options to rectify that issue. However, once all your feeds are setup, I would expect there is very little additional maintenance.

What I want to be sure about, and make sure that I'm not missing anything, is my last point. Once all your feeds are setup, is that the end of it, or for some reason do you find yourself needing to constantly update the FTP info? Would it be common for users to want to upload the same feed to many different servers, and therefore the single FTP info for that feed would need to be changed on each upload?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks again for your feedback.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I forgot to address your first issue.

The next build of FFA beta will do a better job at guessing the FTP info for uploading images. It will default to the same FTP server and user credentials as the feed (if they are already setup for the feed). The image's filename will also be extracted from the URL field.

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the detailed post. It really helps us understand what some users may be looking for.

Unfortunately, I don't think a 'real' solution to your FTP annoyances is going to make it into the first release of FeedForAll. However, I have been discussing it here, and we could squeeze in a minor update thay may help. Please let us know if you think it would be worth the effort.

What we could have it do when entering an FTP screen that would normally be blank (never been setup before), is to default to the last FTP settings that were entered in another feed.

Would this help?

Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good.

FeedForAll Beta 2 is scheduled to be uploaded tomorrow. I will be sure that the changes make it into that version.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic