FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 warning error with image "link" View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
janeboha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am now using your new Beta version and so far it's really wonderful.

I'm getting an error message for my image link (got this same message with the non-beta version too): "Link" should typically match the Feed's "Link". I have in there the image location - http://www.eslhelpdesk.com/whats_that.jpg and I have that same URL for the URL. What's wrong? What does it want? If I don't put the image link in there, the path to the image will not be set anywhere.

Thanks (and thanks for the new beta version, too).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The 'URL' field on the Image tab should be the URL/Link to the actual image (i.e. .jpg, .gif, .png). The 'Link' field should point to a webpage that is related to the image. It is kind of redundant, but it should typically be the same as the 'Link' field for the feed.

janeboha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, and yes, very redundant, but I'm sure they have a reason for doing it this way.

So if I have that image on several pages, which do I use? I have it on my index page (eslhelpdesk.com/index), and others, and of course I also want it on my .xml Feed page (.../eslhelpdesk.xml).

So should I put the .xml page for both the link and URL? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Under the Image tab, in the URL field, use the link to the image. Under the Image tab, in the Link field, use the link to a webpage (the same one you use in the Link field for the feed).

The URL field will tell any feed reader what image to show for your feed. You can use the same image for several feeds. The Link field will tell the reader where to go if someone clicks on the image.

janeboha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Worked like a charm!

Thanks for explaining. Among other things, I did not understand that "link" meant what the picture links to, and your explanation made it all clear.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic