FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Microphone Newbie Question View next topic
View previous topic
EllieW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One more question from me......

I prefer to use a ear loop or around the back of the head type microphone -

1) What brand microphone do you recommend for the best quality?

2) Can I get a microphone line that would be about 20feet -- sometimes I move around doing these classes......

TIA

Ellie
Tech Support

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

EllieW wrote:
1) What brand microphone do you recommend for the best quality?

Well, I can't actually make any recommendations on hardware but if you google Microphone Reviews, you'll find a wealth of information.

Quote:
2) Can I get a microphone line that would be about 20feet -- sometimes I move around doing these classes......

You should be able to, yes, it's just a matter of finding a hardware store (physical or otherwise) that has what you're looking for.

alicia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i had a question about a microphone i just bought a few days ago. i've been messing around in my sound cards editor and the regular windows volume and i barely get a reception with the mic.
i go to make a wav file for example and start talking into it, but the sensitivity is so low i can't even hear it when i play the file. ive got my mic volume set to the max and the output volume set high too, but it still doesnt pick my voice up, could my microphone be bad?
Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

More often than not, your microphone has specific audio settings and controls in Windows. If you go into your Control Panel in Windows, you should see an Audio Manager. Something like CMI Audio Configuration or RealTek Audio Manager, something like that. In any event, if you go into your microphone's configuration options in the audio manager, you should have the ability to 'boost' the mic or remove any filtering or softening.

MH Vishal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use the MXL DRK, it works a teat, can run on battery or V48 is a large condenser mic and has well rounded sounds, comes in a nice carry case with foam Desktop stand so saves you buying a boom mic arm and extremely useful for doing indoor location desktop straight to laptop interviews if you've got the time to spend 5 minutes setting up.

Its white so fits the Apple look environment too.

And today I recently splashed out on a Shure VP64A Dynamic Broadcast mic for field interview recordings since its designed to withstand harsh elements like wet weather and the rough and tumble of field location broadcasting, I'm sure it will suited. They are on the expensive side mind you, I've got one because I'm going to be attending Demo's and Direct Actions and other street situations where the weather is likely to be not too good and I'll need to mic that can take a knock or two reduce wind noise and operate in what is likely to be though situations. For media activism, this is fine but for most podcasters who may just wish to interview a granny in the park, I presume they will not need such things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So my mic's not working. Went to sound and audio devices in Windows to change the mic volume, and still nothing. It used to work, so I know it's possible. I just don't know what else to try. HELP!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm... are you using a USB mic or are you using a regular mic that plugs in to your mic port on yoru audio card?

cellulean

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use JWIN ear earpiece with microphone and it works great. Also the quality is very clear.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic