FeedForAll Forum Index  
 Home  •  FAQ  •   Search   •  Register   •  Profile   •  Log in
 Need to ask if there is a rss editor that can do all this View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
alc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked this last night here but do not see it anywhere not sure if it takes a while for posts to come up or if it went through if so sorry for repeating myself.

I am looking for a rss editor that will do several things not sure if one or some of these scripts here can help please let me know if you know of one.

* I need a rss editor maybe like rssmesh that will combine several rss feeds. I would like to be able to be able to edit the output of feed like image size and placement, text editing and limit amount of feeds like no more than 10. A built in cron job scheduler would be great too.

* Be able to edit/add text to feed output and find/replace keywords with my own anchor text link.

* Last I want to be able to have the new created feed to have a .xml extension not just the normal .rss extension. The reason is I have a site creator program that only reads or handles feeds with a .xml extension.

I hope Feedforall has or can create this all-in-one rss feed editor/creator this would really save time and effort and I would gladly pay for it.
Thanks.
Tech Support

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well... we have several things that can do parts of what you want to do but there isn't any one script or program that can do everything you want to do. The rssmesh can take several feeds and combine them into one feed but it's FeedForAll that allows you to edit/maintain items, words, placements and such in the feeds and puts the .xml extention on them.

alc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tech Support wrote:
Well... we have several things that can do parts of what you want to do but there isn't any one script or program that can do everything you want to do. The rssmesh can take several feeds and combine them into one feed but it's FeedForAll that allows you to edit/maintain items, words, placements and such in the feeds and puts the .xml extention on them.

Ok thanks one thing is there a demo I can try out for rssmesh? Will it create a new feed with a .xml extension or will it be a normal .rss extension?

About feedforall not sure but it looks like its good for creating individual items for a feed one item at a time. Can I add a existing feed for example a google news rss feed and edit all the feed content from feedforall? Like edit/add text of the feed output.

Thanks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic